Ravno Municipality is home to various churches and chapels, preserved since the Ottoman age. Some of them are mentioned here.
The church of st. Dmitri (national monument)
This church is one of the rare preserved pre-Ottoman churches. Built around 1320, it is mentioned in historical sources since 1622. It is preserved in a nearly pristine condition, with only minor repairs done to it.
The votive cross was restored near the church in 2004, with the "Way of the Cross" also being built that same year.
The church of st. Rok (national monument)
The tale tells of this church being built by the napoli queen, Jelena Anžujska, during the 13th century, as the church of st. Nikola in Rupni Do, only to be renamed as the church of st. Rok in 1825, also making it a votive church. It is considered as the oldest catholic church in Bosnia and Herzegovina, with confirmed contunual uninterrupted worship.
It was damaged during the earthquake in 1996, and later restored with the help of UNESCO. Close-by are the monuments dedicated to the victims of World War 2 and the Homeland war.
District church of the Birth of Blessed Virgin Mary
Built in 1579 on the foundations of an old medieval church, this church is the first and the biggest district church in Herzegovina. The process of building was written in Croatian Cyrillic on the stone slab inside the church. It was blessed by the Ston bishop, Bonafacije Drakulica Stjepović, who was a curator of the holy land. It was during his service that the holy tomb was restored, in 1555.
It was damaged frequently during earthquakes throughout its history, and it was restored every time.
District church of the Ascension of Blessed Virgin Mary
One of the newest churches of Ravno Municipality was built in 1938 in Trebinja, using a neo-romanesque style. It was built by local craftsmen, only to be extensively damaged during the Homeland war, in 1991, by JNA (Yugoslav People's Army) and the Territorial defense of Montenegro. After the war it was restored and decorated by local masons, stonecutters, painters and sculptors.
The church of st. Nicholas
A medieval church menitoned in historical sources, it is distinguished by being the former district church, and it was the only church which was undamaged during the great quake of 1667. It was restored in 2017.
The temple of Holy Three
Built in 1897 near the orthodox cemetery, and restored in 2004, the temple of Holy Three was placed in place of the church of st. Paul the Baptist, known by the populace as the Pauly church, first mentioned in 1664.
Monastery of Ascension of the Holy Virgin Mary
An orthodox monastery placed on the Ostrog hill in Zavala, it has been mentioned in historical sources since 1514, when a man known as Iguman Seraplon bought a vineyard in Orahov Do. It doubled as a copyist school, while its interior was painted by the monk Georgije Mitrofanović.
The great Vasilije Ostroški, known then as Stojan Jovanović, was accepted into the monastery in 1621, and had been writing to popes Alexander VII. and Clement X. about the difficulties Christians faced while living under the Ottoman rule.